Statement of academic completion (SAC)
A statement of academic completion (SAC) is a document that confirms you have completed all academic requirements of your program.
Please note that your SAC is not your official RMIT testamur – it is a separate document for which you have to apply and pay a fee. A SAC is useful if:
- you are applying for Permanent Residency in Australia
- you need to prove your study start and end dates for visa requirements
- you are applying for entry to a professional association
- you are applying for General Skilled Migration (GSM).
For most other purposes we highly recommend that instead you request your academic transcript, which also includes completion and conferral dates (where applicable).
Samples that show how your SAC might look:
- SAC with completion (PDF 439kb 1p)
- SAC with completion and conferral (PDF 459kb 1p)
- SAC for students studying outside Australia (PDF 426kb 1p)
How to apply
You can only request an SAC once your school has confirmed that your program has been completed. To check whether your program has been completed log into Enrolment Online via www.rmit.edu.au/myrmit.
Note: If you are studying at a partner outside Australia you will receive your SAC automatically and free of charge on completion of your program.
Certificate I–IV students – contact your school.
Master by research and doctoral degree students – contact the School of Graduate Research.
Diploma, advanced diploma, bachelor degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma and master by coursework students can apply as follows:
- Download an Academic statement request form (PDF 152kb 2p), complete and return the form to the Hub (details are on the form).
Please write clearly and include all information requested. If you request delivery by courier please include a telephone number and a physical street address (not a PO Box).
- Via a proxy. If you cannot visit the Hub in person, print and complete the Academic statements proxy collection form (PDF 131kb 1p) and provide to a friend or relative to allow them to purchase an SAC on your behalf.
- In person at the Hub Payment by EFTPOS, debit or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) accepted.
- Call the Hub on +61 3 9925 8980 during business hours. Pay by debit or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
A SAC costs $20 per copy. This charge does not apply to apprentices and trainees, certificate I–IV students, master by research students and doctoral students.
Regular postage within Australia is free of charge. Additional charges apply for postage to an overseas address, Australian Express Post and courier services. Refer to the Academic statement request form (PDF 152kb 2p) for costs.
Note: If you have a debt to the University you will not be able to apply for a SAC until the debt is cleared. Contact the Hub to arrange payment.