About the Ask a Librarian service
The Ask a Librarian service is an online equivalent of a Service Desk within the Library. Use it whenever you need help.
- Tell you about Library services and facilities
- Advise you on search strategies to find relevant information
- Explain how to use the Library's resources
- Help you find items in LibrarySearch
- Check your borrowing record and help with renewals
- Refer you to other services, or staff members if needed
- Help you find the name for those little bits at the end of shoelaces.
Who can use the service?
All students and staff at RMIT University. We will answer questions from outside the RMIT community if they relate to the Library's collection or services.
When can you expect an answer?
If you send us your question outside of these hours, on public holidays, or during University closures, we will respond on the next business day.
If we have to refer your question to someone else, we will keep you informed.
Checking progress with email questions
Each question you send to us by email has a unique number. You will find it on the acknowledgement page and in the acknowledgement email you will receive after submission. Use this number to Check on existing question.