AusNet Services Women in Engineering Scholarship
If you are a female Electrical Engineering student entering your final year and have an interest in power engineering, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
This scholarship is not currently taking applications.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $8000 for one year, and a possible 12-week paid work placement with AusNet Services.
If the quality of applicants is outstanding, the scholarship amount may be shared by two students at $4000 each as decided by AusNet Services.
The successful candidate(s) may be considered for the AusNet Services graduate program.
Number of scholarships available
Up to two
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be entering your honours year in semester 1
- be currently enrolled full time in your third year in one of the following programs:
- BH075 Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours), or
- BH073 Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (Honours)
- in your fourth year in one of the following double degree programs:
- BH081 Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours) / Bachelor of Business (Management) double degree
- BH083 Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours) / Bachelor of Commerce double degree
- be available to attend an interview if shortlisted
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open.
Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Outline your educational progress at RMIT, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results you have achieved
- How will this scholarship assist you to achieve your engineering-related academic and professional goals?
- Describe a situation where you demonstrated the following:
- High-level communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
- What interested you in a work placement, specifically at AusNet Services?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
Recipients of this scholarship must maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.0 or higher in order to continue receiving scholarship payments.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 465kb, 28p).
In planning for the future, AusNet Services has recognised the importance of investing in the development of our future engineering talent. To support this, AusNet Services are now extending our program to female engineering undergraduates through the AusNet Services Scholarship program. The aim is to assist women achieve tertiary qualifications to increase their knowledge and broaden their experience through studying and working in the electrical engineering field.
With 2,000 employees, AusNet Services manages a $6.3 billion electricity and gas network that services more than one million customers in south east Australia. AusNet Services manages three key Victorian energy networks of electricity transmission, electricity distribution and gas distribution and they are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated team players who want to work in a fun and challenging environment.
AusNet Services may also offer work placements to applicants without a scholarship.
Find out more about AusNet Services.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account . Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.