RMIT Accommodation Education Scholarship
If you are moving to Melbourne from interstate or rural/regional Victoria and can demonstrate financial and educational disadvantage, this scholarship can assist with your education costs in your first year of study.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
Semester 1 applicants: The scholarship provides $5200 for one year.
Semester 2 applicants: The scholarship provides $2600 for one semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full-time study in semester 1 2019 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT (or part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one semester
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
- have not previously been enrolled at RMIT.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours you must:
- have a Commonwealth supported place.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be provided here when applications open.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.VTAC applications
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).Supporting documentation
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
Applications for 2019 open August 8 2018.
Applications now closed.
Early applications submitted directly to RMIT will close Friday 12 October 2018 and successful students will be advised of an early scholarship offer by Tuesday 4 December 2018.
Standard applications for 2019 will close Sunday 18 November 2018. All remaining applications will be assessed (early and standard) and successful students will be advised of a scholarship offer by 31 March 2019.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
This scholarship is paid as a stipend (in fortnightly payments) and not as a lump sum.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. If you have not received an offer via email by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.