UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora Accommodation Scholarship
If you are moving to Melbourne from interstate or rural/regional Victoria and can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could provide accommodation at UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora in your first year of study.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides the full weekly rent ($210 per week 2018 rates) for one bedroom in a four bedroom multi-share apartment at UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora during the first year of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 1 and 2 in your first year of a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in semester 1 2019
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be relocating from interstate rural/regional Victoria to study at the RMIT Bundoora campus
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
- have not previously been enrolled at RMIT.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year or a pathway program combination (a mix of certificate IV and diploma) that is at least one year long
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree, honours or postgraduate by coursework student you must:
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be provided here when applications open.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.VTAC applications
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).Supporting documentation
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
Applications for 2019 open August 8 2018.
Applications now closed.
Early applications submitted directly to RMIT will close Friday 12 October 2018 and successful students will be advised of an early scholarship offer by Tuesday 4 December 2018.
Standard applications for 2019 will close Sunday 18 November 2018. All remaining applications will be assessed (early and standard) and successful students will be advised of a scholarship offer by 31 March 2019.
Terms and conditions
Students will be required to pay a security deposit ($840 2018 rate) to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora prior to moving in. This will be refunded to students at the end of the contract following an apartment inspection and clearance of all relevant payments to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora.
Students will also be charged an exit cleaning fee ($130 2018 rate).
Students are required to abide by all Rules of Residency as outlined in the UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora handbook.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 454kb, 28p)
UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora is located on the Bundoora West Campus and is a short walk to East Campus. Students can easily stroll to classes – no need to drive or catch public transport! The 86 tram line is located on the doorstep. Thomastown train station is accessible by bus, easily connecting you to the Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs. University Hill Town Centre is a few minutes' walk away and has over 100 international and national brands, takeaway food vendors and cafes. Mimosa Park is a 10 minute stroll away – perfect for relaxing with friends or enjoying the serenity as you catch up on your favourite book.
Apartments are fully equipped with modern kitchen, lounge chair/sofa, comfortable beds, wardrobes, large study desks with chair and lamp, bookshelves, TV, data ports, blinds and modern bathrooms. UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora have linen and kitchen kits available for purchase.
Residential advisors are on campus and available 24/7.
Visit UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora for more information.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. If you have not received an offer via email by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.