CPB Contractors Scholarship
If you are enrolled full-time in your third or fourth year of a civil and infrastructure engineering program, have a GPA to date of 3.0 or higher, and are interested in a 12-week work experience placement, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
This scholarship is not currently taking applications.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $3000 and a 12-week paid work experience placement during the summer vacation period.
Note: The CPB Contractors Scholarship is a taxable scholarship as the recipient is expected to undertake paid work with the donor. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full-time in either:
- your third year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Infrastructure) (Honours) (BH077), or
- your fourth year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Infrastructure) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BH088)
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 3.0 or higher
- be able to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, creativity, innovation and self-motivation and potential leadership qualities
- be willing to undertake a 12-week work experience placement during the summer vacation period.
- be available to attend an interview if shortlisted
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers prior to starting the online application.
- Describe the two best academic achievements or learning experiences in your program.
- Describe your communication skills, creativity, innovation, initiative and/or potential leadership qualities.
- Discuss your passions for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- Why would you like to undertake work experience with CPB Contractors?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 27p).
CPB Contractors may withdraw the scholarship at any time, including the work experience placement, if there is a downturn in the industry.
CPB Contractors is one of six diverse and independent operating companies under Leighton Holdings. CPB Contractors is one of Australia’ most recognised, diverse and established industry leaders. They have more than 13,000 people providing services to the infrastructure, mining, telecommunications, civil construction, industrial, energy, health and services sectors.
Find out more about CPB Contractors.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.