CitiPower and Powercor Women in Electrical Engineering Scholarship
If you are female, enrolled full-time in your second or third year of an electrical engineering bachelor degree program, and have a GPA to date of 2.5 or higher, this scholarship could provide financial assistance for up to three years.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides:
- $10,000 per year, for three years (dependent upon academic performance)
- a 12-week paid work experience placement or Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunity in your penultimate year
- participation in a mentoring program at Powercor
Note The CitiPower and Powercor Women in Electrical Engineering Scholarship is a taxable scholarship as there is an opportunity to undertake paid work with the donor. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in your second year in a:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (Honours) (BH073)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours) (BH075)
- be enrolled full-time in your third year in a:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BH081)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce (BH083)
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher
- maintain a full-time study load of 96 credit points per year
- demonstrate high level communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- intend to participate in a 12-week paid work placement or Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunity at CitiPower and Powercor in your penultimate year (i.e. you must have working rights in Australia)
- not be committed to another employer (except casual/part-time work) for the duration of the scholarship
- be willing to participate in a mentoring program at CitiPower and Powercor
- be available for an interview, if shortlisted
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date.
Partial, incomplete or multiple applications will not be assessed. If you submit multiple applications, only your last application will be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
You will need:
- An academic transcript (current program)
- A cover letter (no more than 1 page) describing why you would like to work for CitiPower and Powercor
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes. Once you have completed a question, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online form.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss your involvement in any extracurricular activities that you feel supports your application (e.g. community involvement, memberships, clubs and associations).
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday, 8 April 2018. No late applications will be accepted..
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 28p).
CitiPower and Powercor Australia are electricity distributors and supply power to more than one million Victorians through two of the most reliable electricity distribution systems in Australia. We own and manage the poles, wires, meters and related infrastructure that deliver electricity to homes and businesses within Melbourne’s CBD, its suburbs and across central and western Victoria. We are truly a part of the communities where we operate.
At CitiPower and Powercor we value gender diversity and we aim to encourage more female electrical engineers to enter the ever changing power industry. The CitiPower and Powercor Women in Electrical Engineering Scholarship will support a female student throughout her undergraduate studies in electrical engineering.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 May 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Ready to Apply?