Sarah’s Dream Scholarship
If you are enrolled in your final year of the Associate Degree in Aviation (Professional Pilots) (AD023) and can demonstrate academic achievement and disadvantage, this scholarship could provide financial assistance towards your study costs.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $10,000 for one year.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full-time in your final year of the Associate Degree in Aviation (Professional Pilots) (AD023)
- be able to demonstrate academic achievement
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have relocated from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be passionate about the aviation industry
- not have completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you are studying an Associate Degree, you should not have previously completed another Associate or Bachelor Degree.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date.
Partial, incomplete or multiple applications will not be assessed. If you submit multiple applications, only your last application will be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application (if applicable).
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Education Disadvantage Guide which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance; in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results.
- Discuss your passion for studying in the aviation field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 18 March 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 29p)
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?