Professor Robert & Josephine Shanks Scholarship
If you are undertaking a PhD program by research in the area of science, engineering or technology and have been awarded an RTP Stipend Scholarship (RSS) from RMIT, this scholarship can provide you with further financial assistance.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $12,000 per annum for the standard duration of the RTP scholarship awarded to you.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Be undertaking a PhD program by research in the fields of science, engineering or technology
- Show the highest probability of success in your field
- Be in receipt of an RTP Stipend Scholarship from RMIT University
- Be enrolled full-time
How to apply
The School of Graduate Research awards these scholarships based on a student’s Postgraduate Research Admission and Scholarship Application. Students do not need to apply for this scholarship.
There is no opening date.
There is no closing date.
Terms and conditions
The awarded applicant will need to meet the eligibility criteria for the duration of the scholarship. Those involved in the administration and selection processes for the scholarships will treat all information and documentation supplied as confidential.
The scholarship holder must immediately notify the School of Graduate Research in writing if they:
- Cannot complete their postgraduate research as outlined in their successful application
- Wish to amend their postgraduate study details as outlined in their successful application
- The primary criteria for consideration is the capability of the researcher.
- The submitted application for the RSS will be the major consideration for the selection committee, although interviews with applicants may be considered.
- The selection committee will select the student who shows the highest probability of success in their field.
SGR Scholarships team
Phone: +61 3 9925 5570