Tax and your scholarship

RMIT cannot advise you on tax matters, you need to seek advice from a tax professional. However, if you are looking for answers about tax and your scholarship, you may find the links below helpful.

Centrelink payments

Information about whether your scholarship is considered income by Centrelink can be found on the Australian Government’s Guide to Social Security Law web site.

Tax return

To help you work out if your scholarship is taxable by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) you can use their Is your scholarship taxable? tool.