English Language Development Project
English language development for students is a priority gaining momentum across the tertiary sector.
English language development is:
- an essential part of all tertiary programs
- integral to the attainment of graduate attributes
- part of the TEQSA, Higher Education Standards Framework
- a responsibility shared by the university and the student.
Integration of academic and professional communication skills in programs
The integration of academic and professional communication skills into programs is a best practice approach used widely across the higher education sector. The Study and Learning Centre has worked collaboratively with program teaching staff on a number of successful language and literacies projects. We offer the following services and resources:
- customised resource development
- customised workshops
- professional development session
- consultancy in program development.
Rubrics for assessing academic and professional communication
These rubrics are designed to assist RMIT teaching staff to give practical advice to students on their academic and professional communication skills and can be used for online grading.
Resources for staff on the Learning Lab
Resources for staff include tip sheets on strategies for dealing with diverse student cohorts and the integration of language and literacies in to the design , delivery and assessment of programs/courses.