The Research Office provides services relating to the support for the attraction of research funding including: communicating research funding opportunities; overseeing funding scheme application and submission processes; performing administrative compliance checks for applications and reporting on funding successes. The Research Grants and Contracts team provide these services.
Further information and resources are available at funding my research.
2.1. Identify and communicate research funding opportunities
- Maintain and promote funding information tools, databases and resources
- Communicate through Colleges and RMIT Update a summary of funding opportunities recently added to Research Alert
- Facilitate presentations by external and internal experts on research funding schemes
- Attend School and College research information sessions and workshops to provide information on research funding opportunities, tools and resources, as invited.
2.2. Establish and communicate funding scheme application and submission processes
- Identify, establish and communicate funding scheme application and submission processes, both internal and external, for competitive research funding schemes
- Coordinate expression of interest processes, where required, and communicate results of Expressions of Interests to School and College
- Provide clarification of funding scheme application guidelines and funding rules
- Participate, on request, at School and College research information sessions and workshops, to provide information on research funding scheme application and submission processes.
2.3. Perform administrative checks and submit competitive funding applications
- Perform administrative checks (eg compliance and eligibility) on the final version of competitive funding applications and provide feedback to applicant with copy to College Research Office (or directly to College if preferred)
- Facilitate DVC (R&I) endorsement of funding applications
- Submit applications to external funding body on behalf of RMIT
- Record and maintain application data in Research Master, thereby facilitating researcher access to view and verify application data in MyResearch@RMIT.
2.4. Coordinate internal research funding schemes
- Promote funding schemes and awards
- Coordinate application and selection process
- Communicate and report outcomes.
2.5. Communicate competitive research funding outcomes
- Notify researchers and College of application outcomes
- Provide application data and reports to Colleges upon request
- Encourage unsuccessful applicants to contact College for advice about redeveloping and resubmitting application to another funding scheme.