The Research Office provides services relating to the development, negotiation and execution of research contracts and other research agreement, including: assessing the legal and commercial risks of draft agreements and facilitating University approvals. The Research Grants and Contracts team provide these services.
Further information and resources are available at research grants and contracts.
4.1. Negotiate and prepare research contracts and agreements
- Provide advice relating to research contracts
- In consultation with the relevant College Office, liase with academics and partner organisation to negotiate terms of collaborative agreement
- In consultation with the relevant College Office, prepare research contracts and facilitate approval
- Ensure a contract manager is appointed and recorded for each contract in accordance with the RMIT Contract Management Policy
- Provide advice on compliance, undertake due diligence and risk management and facilitate approval.