Systems and reporting
The Research Office provides services for the collection, analysis and reporting of research activity including; maintenance and improving research systems such as ResearchMaster and MyResearch@RMIT; overseeing research related University compliance, statutory reporting and performance reporting such as Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC), Excellence in Research for Australia, National Survey of Commercialisation, Cooperative Research Centres and Sustainable Research Engagement (SRE) etc. The Research Integrity, Governance and Systems Team provides these services.
7.1. Manage research data systems
- Maintain ResearchMaster system for collection of research data, funded research projects, outputs, HDR candidates, research agreements
- Work with ITS to implement system improvements to ResearchMaster
- Work with key ResearchMaster users to implement workflows and processes to continually improve data accuracy and reporting
- Set up ResearchMaster user accounts and give access to relevant folders
- Maintain live data reports for research leadership.
7.2. Manage MyResearch@RMIT
- Maintain and improve MyResearch@RMIT – individual research performance data web interface with ResearchMaster for RMIT academics
- Provide advice on the process and purpose of collection of publications data
- Manage process for collection of publications data.
7.3. University Compliance - Risk Management
- Oversee and update the R&I Portfolio “Risk Register” and present to DVC R&I for approval.
7.4. Statutory Reporting
- Manage submission of the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC), including preparing submission reports for approval by the DVC R&I and analyse and prepare reports for the DVC R&I on RMIT performance
- Manage submission of the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), including: Undertaking pre-submission performance modelling for Research Executive; Preparing submission reports for approval by the DVC R&I; Analyse and prepare reports for the DVC R&I on RMIT performance
- Undertake required compliance reporting for National Survey of Commercialisation and other compliance reporting as required
- Provide agreement, contract and commercialisation data for reporting against University key performance indicators as part of the Institutional Performance Portfolio, RMIT Compact, and as required by Portfolio Executive
- Prepare and submit for approval by DVC R&I all Australian Research Council, National Health and Medical Research Council, Cooperative Research Centre, Australian Bureau of Statistics Reports including End of Year Reports, Annual Financial Statements and Annual Progress Reports
- Prepare and submit research and development expenditure data report for approval by DVC R&I
- Prepare and submit Sustainable Research Excellence staff survey data and financial data report for approval by DVC R&I
- Prepare and submit Registration as a Registered Research Agency report for approval by DVC R&I
- Prepare and submit annual ‘Use of animals in research’ report for approval to the DVC R&I
- Manage the collection of research data required to be reported in the Institutional Performance Portfolio and submit to DVC R&I for approval
- Manage the collection of research data, forward targets and commentary required for inclusion in the relevant sections of the RMIT Compact and submit to DVC R&I for approval.
7.5. Performance Reporting - ad hoc
- Provide research data as requested by School and University leadership.