Making a motor vehicle insurance claim

The driver must notify CGU of an accident that may give rise to a claim as soon as practicable after the incident regardless of whether the driver was at fault, and even if only the other party’s vehicle or property is managed.

To make a claim:

  • Call CGU Claims on 13 24 80; or
  • Complete the claim form and email to

Information you will need includes:

  • RMIT policy number 24F 344 3901
  • Name of insured: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology trading as RMIT University
  • ABN: 48781 030 034
  • Registered for GST: Yes
  • Input Tax Credit entitlement = 100%
  • Your personal contact details and preferred mode of contact
  • The contact details of anyone involved in an incident, including their name, current address, vehicle registration details, phone number and insurance details if known.
  • Any letters, notices or court documents about the incident, and the incident report number for any claims in relation to theft or attempted theft, vandalism or a malicious act (the police will provide you with this number when you report the incident to them).

After you lodge the claim:

You will be given a claim number which will be your ongoing reference for all claims enquiries and actions.

You will be offered repair options from CGU’s list of approved repairers and you may choose a repairer that suits your location and circumstance.

More information:

Relevant RMIT process documents

Fleet management

  • Justin Lievesley – Financial Services – Phone: +61 3 9925 0610 (business hours)