Roadside assistance for RMIT fleet vehicles
(Information provided by Smartfleet – www.smartfleetaustralia.com.au)
Telephone: 1300 555 665 (press 2)
Call Smartfleet roadside
In the event that you require roadside assistance (not for accident response), please call Smartfleet roadside on 1300 555 665.
Please ensure that you have the following details handy when you call for assistance:
- Vehicle registration number.
- Make and model of the vehicle.
- Colour of the vehicle.
- Location of the vehicle (suburb, street, cross-street). Also take note of any landmarks which may assist in our team locating the vehicle more quickly.
There are some precautions you should take to help you stay safe until roadside assistance arrives.
If you are broken down in traffic:
- Get the car as far from the traffic as possible or into a breakdown lane if on a highway / freeway.
- Don’t push the car if you’re alone – it may become uncontrollable.
- Put on the hazard and parking lights to increase the car’s visibility.
- Get out of the car – wait away from it well off the road and behind guard rails (if provided). This will reduce the risk of personal injury.
- If in heavy traffic or a dark area, be careful moving around outside the car.
- Wait under some shade if it’s hot.
If you’re broken down in an isolated area at night:
- Put hazard and parking lights on to increase the car’s visibility.
- Lock all doors.
- Stay in the car until you’re sure Roadside Assistance has arrived.
- If approached by an unknown person, stay in the vehicle with the doors locked.
- If you’re concerned or frightened by another person’s presence, call the Police on 000.