In the event of a medical emergency:
- Quickly check the situation for danger and assess the person’s condition and apply the DRSABCD Action Plan (see below).
- If you assess a situation as life threatening or there is any doubt, phone Ambulance (0) 000 and Security (extension 53333) report the location and nature of the medical emergency and request the immediate attendance of an ambulance.
- Consider the person’s wishes if they are conscious and coherent.
- Alert people nearby and enlist their aid.
- Administer first aid up to the level of your training.
- In any situation, apply the DRSABCD Action Plan: