Ms Amanda Way, University Secretary
The University Secretariat, led by Amanda Way, provides executive support to the Chancellor, RMIT Council and its Committees, and university controlled entities, and is a source of governance advice to the university.
It manages policy information and ensures the University's compliance with certain statutory obligations.
Our core functions:
- Supporting the RMIT Chancellor
- Managing Council and Committees of Council
- Company secretarial services to controlled entities
- Policy and information management to facilitate access to RMIT policies
- Management of the University’s Statutes and Regulations
- Ensuring statutory compliance with provisions in the RMIT Act
- Management of university-wide elections
- Management of Freedom of Information applications
- Managing the process for the consideration and award of honorary degrees and the Francis Ormond and Ralph McIntosh medals.