Building 201 closure
Latest update - 1st December
After 5 solid weeks of work, construction remain on schedule. As per updates on previous weeks, do remain vigilant around site and watch out for construction crews.
If there are any questions or feedback about the project, feel free to contact Dale Crossman on 0419 545 541.
Works continue to progress as per schedule.
- Room reinstatement continues, with major Aircon construction completed on levels 6 and 7.
- Works have started on installing with new ceilings, carpets and fresh painting in many areas.
- There will be much more construction and activity around level 2 from this week onwards, please remain aware of workers in the area.
- Planning is progressing for the return of staff and students in late February - we are in contact with move champions on the details
16 November update
- Works are progressing as per schedule.
- Following the installation of new energy efficient Fan Coil Units, we are beginning to reinstate rooms.
- In the next week, we’ll be installing with new ceilings, carpets and fresh painting in many areas.
- Our teams remain working 6 days a week at present, so do be aware of workers around B201.
- Bathroom upgrades continue – look out for new toilets, tiling and basins next time you're in the building.
10 November update
- Installation of new energy efficient Fan Coil Units, along with pipework and ducts, continue
- Many of our installations are behind the scenes, and are designed to make major energy efficiency gains in the building
- Our teams are working 6 days a week at present, so keep an eye out if you are nearby -- even on weekends.
- Refurbishment works have started on lecture theatres in levels 2, 3 and 6. You’ll notice that completed theatres will look more modern and user friendly.
- Bathroom upgrades (new toilets, tiling and basins) have been completed in levels 3, 4 and 7, other levels underway.
- A crane lift is scheduled for Friday, 11 November. Please be aware of temporary barricades when walking through the area.
4 November update
- Construction works are occurring in B201 – we have over 50 tradespeople involved in the job at present.
- There is still heavy traffic around the Western entrance of B201 – please be aware of works when walking through these areas.
- We are planning to perform a crane lift on 11th November, see the works notice below for details.
28 October update
- Construction works are in full swing in B201, so you'll see plenty of activity over the coming weeks.
- There is increased traffic around the Western entrance of B201 – please do be aware of works when walking through these areas.
- Any remaining classes and sessions have been rescheduled away from B201, and levels 3 of B205 and 206 - if in doubt check your timetables.
- If items have been inadvertently left in B201, it may still be possible to obtain them. Please contact your move champions for details.
21 October update
A new works notice has been issued regarding installation of a temporary hot water system while the bigger Building 201 works are underway. Other works notices are available at the bottom of this page.
Moving of staff and equipment has been completed, with removalists performing final touches over 18th and 19th of October
B201 is closed for business, and is now formally a construction site.
Fencing and Hoarding erected on 18th October
Construction Works began 18th October
Some occupants may require returning to B201 earlier than 23 February – we may be able to accommodate these requests, in consultation with our move champions.
Update 13 October
- Moving of staff has started, with removalists currently working around B201 and the nearby buildings
- Major moves will occur this weekend starting Friday night (14th to 16th October)
- Fencing and Hoarding will be erected week commencing 17th October
- Some occupants may require returning to B201 earlier than 23 February – we may be able to accommodate these requests, in consultation with our move champions.
Where will Academic Services for the College of Science, Engineering and Health move to?
The new location is in Building 206.03.003, accessible by stairs or lift
What services will remain open in Building 201?
- Level 1, Animal House
- Level 1, SEH Common Store
- Level 2, Anatomy Room s
- Level 5, Food Research and Innovation Centre
Find the latest works notices here:
16 November 2016 (unresolved)
10 November 2016