Course Title: Professional Practice
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Professional Practice
Credit Points: 12
350T Fashion & Textiles
|Sem 2 2013,
Sem 2 2014,
Sem 1 2015,
Sem 2 2015,
Sem 1 2016,
Sem 2 2016,
Sem 1 2017,
Sem 2 2017
Course Coordinator: Rhonda Ingwersen
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 99259248
Course Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Course Coordinator Location: 513.03.01
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
In this course you will develop your understanding of global fashion practices. There will be a strong emphasis upon how to investigate and develop strategies for embedding sustainability practices into the supply chain.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
In this course you will develop the following program learning outcomes:
5. Identify, analyse and reflect on fashion technology in a local and/or global context
6. Work with others in a range of roles and context, demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness
7. Apply initiative and judgement in planning, problem solving and decision making in your own work and working as part of a team
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Investigate implementing import and export practices, including working with contractual agreements
• Analyse how local customs, communications and work practices effect how business is conducted in different international regions
• Investigate work practices, sustainable strategies and efficiencies within the fashion industry to solve production problems
• Create frameworks and processes for conducting business with international suppliers
• Demonstrate your ability to work within a simulated work environment of an international supply chain.
Overview of Learning Activities
You will be engaged in learning that involves a range of class activities such as practical exercises, group and class discussion, group activities/projects as well as online, industry visits and self-directed learning.
Overview of Learning Resources
RMIT will provide you with resources and tools for learning in this course through our online systems.
A list of recommended learning resources will be provided by your lecturer, including books, journal articles and web resources. You will also be expected to seek further resources relevant to the focus of your own learning.
You will be working in a simulated apparel industry workroom with access to computers and other resource materials applicable for supply chain management for the apparel industry.
The University Library has extensive resources for Fashion and Textiles students. The Library has produced a number of subject guides that includes quality online and print resources for your studies Fashion and Textiles Library Guides
The Library provides guides on academic referencing http://www.rmit.edu.au/library/referencing and subject specialist help via your Liaison Librarian Michelle Matheson firstname.lastname@example.org (Brunswick).
Overview of Assessment
You will be assessed on how well you meet the course’s learning outcomes and on your development against the program learning outcomes.
Assessment for this course will cover practical components of supply chain management for the apparel industry. Assessment may include reports based on research and simulated work activities. You will be able to develop your work in relation to your own specific areas of interest in your professional practice.
Ongoing feedback will be provided to enable you to monitor your own performance including detailed feedback on assessed tasks.
Your course assessment conforms to RMIT assessment principles, regulations, policies and procedures which are described and referenced under ’Assessment’ at: http://www1.rmit.edu.au/policies/assessment-policy
A Student Charter summarises your responsibilities as an RMIT student as well as those of your teachers. http://www.rmit.edu.au/about/studentcharter
If you have a long term medical condition and/or disability it may be possible to negotiate to vary aspects of the learning or assessment methods. You can contact the program coordinator or Equitable Learning Services if you would like to find out more: https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/support-and-facilities/student-support/equitable-learning-services