School Research and Higher Degrees Research Committee
The School Research and Higher Degrees Research Committee (RHDRC) meets at the Bundoora west Campus. Queries regarding this Committee can be directed to the Administrator, Research office on 9925 7877.
Purpose and reporting
- monitors and reports on the research performance of the School
- provides advice and makes recommendations to the School Executive in relation to research planning and development
- monitors and reports on the performance of the School in relation to Higher Degree Research students and makes recommendations to the School Executive on program improvements.
Terms of reference
The School Research Committee reports to the Dean/Head of School through the Chair of the Research Committee, and the College Research Committee as necessary. The Dean/Head of School approves the terms of reference, membership and other requirements for the operation of this committee.
The Committee will:
- oversee the implementation of University research policy and procedures within the School, which could include local development of codes of practice, guidelines, procedures and processes
- monitor and oversee the development and implementation of the School Research Plan within the context of the DSC College and University Research Plans
- recommend strategies relating to research development across the School including the identification of research priorities
- recommend to the Dean/Head of School on priorities for the school research budget and oversee the allocation of research support
- facilitate research collaboration and communication both within the School and across the University
- promote research in the School in line with the School Research Plan and its targets and KPIs
- monitor and report on the performance of the School in relation to Higher Degrees by Research students and make recommendations to the Dean/Head of School.
Membership of the Committee will be determined by the Dean/Head of School and would normally include:
- Deputy Head of School, Research and Innovation (Chair)
- Deputy Chair (one nominated/elected committee member)
- Three (3) elected staff representatives: one (1) Vocational Education, two (2) Higher Education. To be elected/nominated for a 3 year term.
- One representative from each of the Research Centres/Groups (as appropriate)
- Research student representative
- Dean/Head of School (or nominee )
- School Manager (or nominee).
The Committee will invite additional members to assist it with its work as appropriate.
The Committee meets monthly between February and December. Meetings can be held at other times if required.
Five working days notice in writing should be given of a meeting, including the time, place, agenda and papers for the meeting.
Absent members can be represented by a proxy.
In the absence of both the Chair and Deputy Chair a member elected by the members present should Chair the meeting.
Review and improvement
The Committee will report annually through its Chair to the Dean/Head of School and School Executive Group and engages annually in a process of improvement.