Geomatic Technologies Women in Geospatial Scholarship
If you are female, commencing full-time enrolment in a geospatial science or surveying degree, and can demonstrate academic achievement, this scholarship could provide financial support during your studies.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $8000 per year for the standard duration of your program (dependent upon academic performance).
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be female
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full-time enrolment in the standard semester 1 and 2 in 2018 in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science (Geospatial Science) (Honours) (BH117)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Surveying) (Honours) (BH116)
- be able to demonstrate academic achievement.
Students who can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF, 218kb, 2pgs) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
You will also need:
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago to support the statements you have made in your application. To assist the academic, provide them with Writing a Scholarship Letter of Recommendation for a Student (PDF 156kb, 1p) for tips and guidance.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 30p).
Geomatic Technologies (GT) develops advanced mobile and spatial technology solutions to solve complex asset and data management challenges in the utility, transport and government sectors.
GT works with essential infrastructure owners, operators and maintainers, to provide technology solutions that capture, manage, and analyse asset condition and performance data. GT’s portfolio includes solutions and services for mobile workforce management, asset capture and inspection, spatial BI and data analytics.
Geomatic Technologies is committed to supporting outstanding female undergraduate students in the geospatial discipline.
Find out more about Geomatic Technologies.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.