Information for students
It is important that students are fully informed about the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) activity. This helps them to meet the necessary requirements and consider issues or concerns before the activity starts.
The following information should be provided to students before they start the WIL activity. Visit the Prepare Students (login required) process for more comprehensive information.
Student roles and responsibilities
- purpose and aims of the activity
- assessment requirements
- complaints procedures
- managing difficulties
- following and meeting partner organisation requirements
- following OH&S procedures and being safe on the activity
- and if required, sourcing their own WIL activity.
Non-academic requirements include:
- Police Checks (Student WIL site)
- Working With Children Check (Student WIL site)
- Vaccinations and Health Checks (Student WIL site)
- Visas (WIL Abroad)
Partner organisation’s roles and responsibilities
- emergency and OH&S advice
- non-monetary benefits
- pay (if applicable)
- induction and supervision of students
Activity location, dates and contact details
Provide students with the following activity location, key dates and contact details:
- name and contact details of the WIL supervisor
- name and contact details of the workplace supervisor/mentor
- WIL activity address (if off-campus)
- dates of WIL activity and required time commitment
- pay (if applicable)
- information on additional support at RMIT.
Other information to consider providing to students includes:
- Confidentiality, Ethics and Workplace Rights (Student WIL site)
- Privacy (Student WIL site)
- What a student may need to disclose (Student WIL site)
- Financial costs associated with the WIL activity (Student WIL site)
- RMIT Intellectual Property Policy (Student WIL site)
Partner organisations will discuss the details of internships directly with students prior to commencing. Generally speaking, RMIT Vietnam provides the expected minimum time commitment and the partners provide the start and end dates. Where a partner does not provide OH&S information, please contact the Vietnam Career Centre for further information.