15 April 2014
This is your opportunity to experience Japan. Ganbatte kudasai!
Represent Australia in Japan through JENESYS 2.0 exchange program.
The Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youth (JENESYS) 2.0 is an initiative of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to foster interactions among students from Asia and Oceania.
JENESYS 2.0 is available in two different streams:
• Science and Technology - 16 to 24 June 2014
This stream is available to 29 students and includes visits to cutting-edge Japanese technology corporations.
• Mass Media – Journalism, Multimedia and Blogging - 23 June to 1 July 2014
This stream is available to 19 students and includes visits to Japanese media corporations and outlets.
Conducted entirely in English, both streams also include visits to various exhibitions and historical sites in Tokyo and regional areas.
The program covers return economy class airfare to Tokyo, overseas travel accident insurance, in-country accommodation, transportation, meals and admission fees to scheduled activities.
To be eligible, you must be:
• an Australian citizen (excluding permanent residents and Japan dual-citizenship holders)
• 18 to 30 years old
• majoring in science, technology, manufacturing or engineering (for Science and Technology stream)
• majoring in media, journalism, information and communication (for Mass Media stream).
Applications close on 30 April (for Science and Technology stream) and 7 May (for Mass Media stream).
For more information, email Simon Free from the Embassy of Japan in Australia.