Lecture capture support
Relive and share the lecture experience
If you’re giving a lecture, recording the audio and accompanying visual screen presentation can be a real lifeline for students. It’s the kind of technology service that makes a difference to those who may have missed out, have learning difficulties or are revising for exams.
In enabled teaching venues across RMIT’s Melbourne campuses, staff and researchers can book lecture recording sessions through either the Lectopia or Echo systems.
In the Swanston Academic Building (SAB) the Echo product has been installed. It provides the advantage of video and means you can record yourself talking along with the screen capture. It’s an ideal way for students to relive the lecture experience in their own time.
Our IT team provide support and advice on the capture technology, as well as manage the booking of facilities. We’ll even come on-site if you need it and give you some instruction – so you’ll know exactly what you’re doing.
Here’s what you get:
- lecture capture support and advice
- management of requests for lecture capture facilities.
- in room document, audio and video capture (where available)
- access via Blackboard course shells
- one-off recordings (1 week advance notice)
- on-site assistance and instruction
- camera recording (at Swanston Academic Building only).
Please note – capture of audience audio is outside the scope of this service (except Q&A scenarios where handheld microphones are installed).
Ready to get on with IT?
- For information on venues, bookings and instructions see our lecture capture page.
- For technical support, complete the myTechSupport form or contact the Service and Support Centre.
- City and Bundoora campus: 8.30am - 9.30pm Monday to Friday
- Brunswick campus: 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
We’ll make sure we respond within 15 minutes for all help requests regarding your service. For access requests and service options, we’ll get back to you within two business days.