At your session you will receive:
- a course selection template - you need to discuss this with an RMIT staff member and obtain their authorisation to continue—your enrolment cannot be processed without this
- an enrolment form - you will need to check and amend as necessary before submitting it to RMIT staff.
If you have questions regarding your enrolment or wish to apply for credit transfer or recognition of prior learning (RPL) you should discuss this with staff at your enrolment information session.
If no enrolment information session is scheduled you should contact your school to arrange academic advice.
If you are studying off-campus or by distance education you may need to complete a postal enrolment.
How to complete your enrolment
After your enrolment information session you will need to speak to a member of RMIT staff who will:
- ensure you have correctly completed and signed your enrolment form
- check your course selection template is authorised
- give you your student diary.
You may need to complete your enrolment at your enrolment information session or at RMIT Connect.
If you are directed to enrol at RMIT Connect, staff there will also be able to distribute application forms for Commonwealth assistance (HELP loans), if applicable.
Assuming there are no issues associated with your enrolment, you will have completed the enrolment process!
Please not that you are responsible for ensuring your enrolment is correct.