30 September 2015
Tropfest 2015 entries are open
Share your story in Australia’s largest short film festival.
There is still time to share your story in Australia's largest short film festival, which has helped catapult the careers of many talented filmmakers around the country since 1993.
Tropfest is about great stories, told well. The event is not just about showing films – it’s about making them. The aim of Tropfest is to provide you with the opportunity to showcase your work to as wide an audience as possible, not only with the fantastic premiere your film will receive if selected for Tropfest Australia 2015, but also by utilising a variety of distribution outlets following the festival.
Your film can be about anything so long as it:
- includes the annual Tropfest Signature Item (TSI), which for 2015 is ‘CARD’
- is no longer than seven minutes
- must have never been seen by a public audience
- must be specifically made for Tropfest.
Whether you’re a beginner or pro, Tropfest is open to anyone eager to tell their story through film. All you have to do is grab a camera and start shooting.
The winning filmmaker is set to receive enormous attention from the local and international film community plus:
- $10,000 cash prize thanks to Kennedy Miller Mitchell.
- a trip to Los Angeles for a week of meetings with film industry executives, thanks to the Motion Picture Association and the Australian Screen Association
- a Nikon D800 + $2000 RRP worth of lenses and accessories
- and more to be announced.
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Best Male Actor ($3000 donated by Nicole Kidman)
- Best Female Actor ($3000 donated by Nicole Kidman)
- DSLR Film Award
- Qantas Film Cadetship Award
Tropfest Australia 2015 entries are now open and close 8 October 2015.
For submission guidelines and more information, go to TropFest Australia 2015.