Women Researchers’ Network (WRN)
The Women Researchers' Network (WRN) fosters career advancement for women researchers.
Our objectives are:
- to advocate for change in gender equity policy, practice and behaviour
- to foster a flourishing and supportive environment for women researchers
- to connect the university to a wider community of practice in gender equity
We can assist you to:
- find a mentor
- broaden your research networks
- advance gender equity
- develop your professional skills
- learn from and share experiences with colleagues
WRN events and functions provide opportunities for members to form positive professional relationships, to share experiences, identify mentors or mentor others, and to enhance career skills. At our annual symposium members share their research interests and ideas and explore collaborative research initiatives.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Find a mentor
- Broaden your research networks
- Take part in gender equity discussions
- Develop your professional skills
- Gain guidance from colleagues with shared experiences
Who can join the WRN?
The Women Researchers' Network is open to all RMIT academic and research staff. Join now.
If you have questions or suggestions about the WRN, contact:
Dr Caroline Northwood, Principal Advisor Projects and Research Business, SEH College.
Email: email@example.com.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice to my younger self
- Prof Susan Elliott, Deputy Provost, Deputy Vice-Chancellor International, The University of Melbourne
- Distinguished Professor Larissa Hjorth, ECP Director, Design and Creative Practice
Hear the advice these distinguished women researchers wish they wish they had received early on in their research careers.
Date: Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Time: 10 am – 12 noon
Venue: City - Building 1 Council Chamber and by video link to Bundoora West - Building 215, Level 4 Boardroom
Register here by 13 April
2017 events and initiatives
Panel presentation: Advice to my younger self
Annual Women's Research Network Symposium
End of Year Function – and planning for 2018.