- DBA (by research), University of Western Sydney, 2000
- B.Soc.Admin., Flinders University, 1976
- BA (Hons), University of Adelaide, 1971.
- Associate Professor of Human Resource Management, RMIT (2006–2009)
- Research Director & Associate Professor of Human Resource Management, School of Management, Curtin University (1999-2006)
- Deputy Director, Sydney Graduate School of Management (1997-1999)
- Strategic human resource management
- International & comparative Asian HRM
- Management/HRM in service/tourism industries
- Performance management
- Firm effectiveness, comparative Asian management
- Human Resource Management
- International HRM
- HRM evaluation
- Strategic HRM
- ‘Global Competencies of International Managers’ (with Curtin University, York University – Canada, Nottingham Business School – UK, University of Wollongong Dubai)
- ‘Performance Management & Firm Effectiveness’ (with Victoria University, PeopleStreme, the Singapore Human Resources Institute, York University, and Nottingham Business School)
- ‘Non-traditional expatriates in Asia’ (with Dr. Greg Fisher and the Australian Senior HR Roundtable)
- ‘Resource allocation in the management of urban fires’ (with Dr. Prem Chhetri, Dr. Alan Montague, and the Victorian Metropolitan Fire Board)
- ‘Performance management and firm effectiveness: A comparative study in Australia and Singapore’ (with AHRI and SHRI - 2008)
Nankervis A., Vulnerability and Sustainability in the Global Tourism Industry, Berlin, VDM-Verlag Publishing (in press).
Compton R., Morrissey W., Nankervis A., Effective Recruitment & Selection Techniques, 5th edition, Sydney, CCH Australia.
Chatterjee S., Nankervis A., Asian Management in Transition, UK, Palgrave Macmillan.
Nankervis A., Managing Services, UK, Cambridge University Press.
Nankervis A., Chatterjee S., Coffey J., Perspectives of Human Resource Management in the Asia Pacific, Sydney, Pearson Australia.
Book Chapters (2009)
Nankervis A., ‘Vulnerability Analysis Mapping (VAM) in global tourism: The case of Phuket’, in Pforr C., Hosie P.
Refereed Journal Articles (2009)
Nankervis A., ‘When the stars are not aligned: Transformation through knowledge transfer alone?’, Human Resource Management & Development International (in press).
Nankervis A., Stanton P.,‘Performance management in micro-businesses’, Human Resource Management & Development International (in press).
Refereed Conference Papers
Nankervis A., ‘Evaluating HRD: An Australian case example’, 11th Society for Global Business & EconomicDevelopment (SGBED) Conference, Bratislava, 27-30 May.
Nankervis A., Chatterjee S., ‘The fusion of HRM: the cases of India and China’, 8thIFSAM Conference, Shanghai.
- ‘Overseas trained doctors, quality of life, and retention strategies in rural and remote locations’
- ‘Managing non-traditional expatriates in multinational companies in Asia’
- ‘Service quality management amongst student advisors at Australian universities’
- ‘Devolution of HRM functions to line managers in the electricity industry’
- ‘Work-life balance in Australian universities’
- ‘Evaluating the effectiveness of human resource development programs in the
- Australian hotel sector’
Australian Senior Human Resources Roundtable grant for ‘Non-traditional expatriates’ study
- Chartered Member, Australian Human Resources Institute HR Awards Judge, Singapore Human Resources Institute (2005-9)
- Adjunct Professor, School of Management, Curtin University of Technology
- Managing Editor, Research & Practice in Human Resource Management
- Member, Editorial Board, Economic & Financial Review (Trisakti University, Jakarta)