- Doctor of Philosophy, 1998, Monash University
- Diploma of Computer Science, 1984, University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering Science, 1982, James Cook Uni. of North Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering(Hons I, University Medal), 1979, James Cook Uni. of North Qld.
- May 2002 - present, Associate Professor, RMIT
- 1986 - 2002, Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Monash
- 2000 - 2001, Programs Coordinator, Higher Education Development Unit (Concurrent Role)
- 1980 - 1984, Civil Engineer, Qld Water Resources Commission
Affiliations / Professional memberships
- Member, Australasian Association for Engineering Education
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education
- Member, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia
- Member, Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education
- Member, Problem-based learning assessment and research centre
Areas of research and consulting expertise
- Engineering education, problem / project-based learning.
- QUT design of new first year in engineering
- Maunsell (staff induction and training)
- Monash University, Medical Faculty (5 year curriculum)
- University of Queensland, Mechanical Engineering (VACS graduate attributes project)
- Sinclair Knight Merz (Advanced Excel workshops)
- School liaison (eg Xavier College, Uni High)
- Presentation at STAVCON 2003 (Science Teachers of Victoria)
- AAEE 2003 at RMIT in Sept (2 papers presented + organising committee)
- ASEE 2003 conference in Nashville, in June (paper presented)
- AAEE 2002 conference in Sept in Canberra (2 papers presented)
Hadgraft, R. and Muir, P., Defining Graduate Capabilities for Chemical Engineers at RMIT, 14th Annual AAEE Conference, Melbourne, Sep/Oct 2003, pp. 91-102.
Goricanec, J. and Hadgraft, R., Digging Holes or Building Wholes? Reflections onTeaching Communications, 14th Annual AAEE Conference, Melbourne, Sep/Oct 2003, pp. 327-336.
Hadgraft, R. G., Program Renewal for Sustainable Engineering at RMIT University, 2003 ASEE annual conference, Nashville, June 2003, paper 1353.
Hendy, P. L. & Hadgraft, R. G., Evaluating problem-based learning in civil engineering, 13th Annual Conference for Australasian Assoc. for Eng. Educ., Canberra, 30 Sep-2 Oct, pp. 132-138.
Hadgraft, R. G. & Prpic, J. K., Changing Mind-sets for student-centred, flexible learning, 13th Annual Conference for Australasian Assoc. for Eng. Educ., Canberra, 30 Sep-2 Oct, pp. 127-132.
- Invited Visitor to Luleå University of Technology, Sweden to deliver problem-based learning workshops in 2000.
- STINT Distinguished Teaching Fellow to Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, in Nov-Dec 1998.
- Invited keynote speaker, 1st Asia-Pacific Forum on Engineering and Technology Education, Melbourne, 1997.
- Invited keynote speaker, 3rd East-West Congress in Gdynia, Poland, 1996.
- Invited keynote speaker, International Conference on Problem Based Learning, Linköping, Sweden, 1995.