About Academic Development Group
We are a team of educational and technical experts assisting academic and teaching staff in the College of Business in all aspects of teaching and learning:
- We assist with educational design of courses for delivery locally, offshore, online or through Open University Australia.
- Our technical team offers support for all forms of electronic media – from advanced Blackboard functions, to audio, video and multimedia. We offer graphic design for print, CD and web-based resources.
- We disseminate best practice in learning and teaching and facilitate professional development sessions in many aspects of face-to-face and online teaching.
- We assist the College on AQF compliance
- Our educational developers support course and program reviews, and provide group and individual advice on ways to improve learning outcomes and student satisfaction.
- We scope and manage projects, particularly in the coordination of resources for offshore students.
- The group offers guidance to the College on innovations in educational technology, and provides a link to central University services such as the Learning and Teaching Unit, EduTAG and the Copyright Management Service.
- We provide advice and support for College staff interested in the Scholarship of Teaching.
- We are responsible for the management of the Student Learning Advisor Mentors, SLAMs program