RMIT Merit Equity Scholarship
If you are commencing a degree at RMIT in 2018, achieve an exceptional Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), and can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could assist with your study costs.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $6000 per year for the standard full-time duration of your program, plus $5000 to contribute to an overseas educational experience as part of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
- achieve exceptional Year 12 (or equivalent) ATAR results in 2017
- be commencing a full-time degree program in the standard semester 1 and 2 at RMIT in 2018
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
How to apply
For the 2018 academic year applications can be submitted through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website scholarship portal when applications open.
VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017.
VTAC applications close 5pm Friday 13 October 2017.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 29p).
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.