Assoc Professor Rob Davidson
School of Health and Biomedical Sciences
+61 3 9925 7075
Science, Engineering and Health
- Assoc.Dip. in Diag Radiography, SAIT, 1977
- Assoc.Dip. in Business (Health Admin.), SAIT, 1985
- B.Bus (Marketing), UniSA, 1991
- M.App.Sc (Med Imaging), CSU, 2002
- PhD, University of Sydney, 2007
- Fellowship of the Australian Institute of Radiography (FIR): 2008
The award of FIR was for academic contributions to the field of medical radiations, research in the area of computed radiography and contribution to the profession and the AIR. through activities such as his role of Editor in Chief of The Radiographer and membership of the Professional Accreditation and Education Board of the AIR and various other committees.
- UniServe Science Teaching Award: 2001 – for the development and evaluation of MRI Concepts in the teaching of undergraduate medical imaging students
- AIR Annual National Conference: Best Technical Paper 1986 for research and presentation of CT Pelvimetry: A Two View Approach
- Radiographic contrast-enhancement masks in computed radiography (CR)
- Dose issues in the use of CR and CT
- Rahman, W, Bishara, N, Ackerly, T, He, CF, Jackson, P, Wong, C, Davidson , R & Geso, M, Enhancement of radiation effects by gold nanoparticles for superficial radiotherapy, Nano-medicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, Vol 5, pp136-142, 2009
- Sun, Z, Davidson , R & Lin, CH, Multi-detector row CT angiography in the assessment of coronary in-stent restenosis: A systematic review, European Journal of Radiology, Vol 69, pp 489-495, 2009
- Davidson , R & Sim, J, Computed radiography: some practical tips for dose optimization, Journal of Medical Imaging & Radiation Sciences, Vol 39 No 3, pp 109-14 2008
- Sun, Z, Davidson , R, Lin, CH, Dong, C & Liao, Y, Diagnostic value of 64-slice CT angiography in coronary artery disease: A systematic review, European Journal of Radiology, Vol 67, pp 78-84, 2008
- Burwell, J & Davidson , R, An evaluation of safety policy and procedures in Australian magnetic resonance imaging departments, The Radiographer, Vol 54 No 2, August 2007
- Speelman A and Davidson R, Does low dose computed tomography compromise the detection of hepatic metastases?, The South African Radiographer, Vol 44 No 2, pp 8-12, Nov 2006
- Ball P and Davidson R, A comparison of patient entrance skin exposure for videofluoroscopic and functional plain x-ray techniques used in cervical spine kinematics, Chiropractic Journal of Australia, Vol 34, pp 87-92, Sept 2004
- Bowman S and Davidson R, A technique for undertaking macroradiography on conventional radiographic equipment without increased geometric unsharpness, The Radiographer. Vol 50 No 1, pp 41-44, April 2003
- Davidson R and Bowman S, Macroradiography using conventional radiographic x-ray equipment, British Journal of Radiology, Vol 75, pp 831-836, October 2002
- Davidson R, Effects of a CD ROM MRI teaching and learning resource on student exam performance, Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multi-Disciplinary Journal, Vol 3 No 2, pp 30-41, Oct 2001.
- Davidson R, Determination of radiographic characteristics of tissue compensation filters using a Compton scatter technique, Aust Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine, Vol 24 No3, pp 166-171, Sept 2001.
- Bowman S, Barclay L, Lusby W, Davidson R, Bell D and Pollard K, A comparison of Australian and United Kingdom Codes of Professional Conduct. The Radiographer Vol 48:1 : 9-12, April 2001
- Davidson R, Grids Revisited The Radiographer. Vol 45 No 1, pp 15-21, April 1998
- Davidson R, CT Pelvimetry: A Two View Approach, The Radiographer Vol 33:1 p 62-66, 1986
- Davidson R, Evaluation of MRI Concepts as a teaching and learning resource UniServe Science Proceedings, University of Sydney, pp 17-22, April 2001
Referred poster presentations
- Dobeli K, Davidson R, Hicks, C. Are observed differences in the time-density curves of test injections performed prior to CT pulmonary angiography secondary to technical or physiological factors? Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), Chicago, November 2003
- Davidson R, Evaluation of MRI Concepts as a teaching and learning resource, UniServe Science Conference, University of Sydney, April 2001
- Davidson R, Dynamic Range Control in DR: What is it? What Are Currently Being Used and a Novel Approach, CAMRT 67th Annual General Conference, Vancouver, June 2009
- Davidson R, kV vs. Image Quality and Dose in Abdominal Computed Radiographic Examinations, CAMRT 67th Annual General Conference, Vancouver, June 2009
- Davidson R, The effects on patient dose of varying kVp and mAs in, conference presentation at Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Melbourne 2008
- Davidson R, The effects of kVp and mAs in computed radiography, visiting academic address at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2006.
- Davidson R, Radiographer reporting: a retrospective review, Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Adelaide, 2003.
- Davidson R and Bowman S, Macroradiographic technique with general x-ray equipment, Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Coffs Harbour, 2002.
- Davidson R, Initial tissue compensation algorithms in digital radiography, Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Coffs Harbour, 2002.
- Davidson R, Determination of optimal tissue compensation filters for radiographic examinations, Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Melbourne, 1999
- Davidson R and Dare-Edwards C, MRI Concepts: An image contrast and quality teaching tool, poster presentation at Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Melbourne, 1999
- Davidson R and Dare-Edwards C, MRI Image Contrast and Quality Teaching Tool, AAEMRS Conference, Melbourne, 1999
- Davidson R, Spectral determination of tissue compensation filters, in plain film radiography, using Compton scatter techniques. Australian Institute of Physics Congress, Perth, September 1998
- Davidson R, Tissue Compensation Algorithms in Digital Radiography: PhD Research Project, PhD Seminar, Curtin University of Technology, September 1998
- Davidson R, Tissue Compensation Algorithms in Digital Radiography, Thesis Writing Workshop, CSU, June 1998
- Davidson R and Dare-Edwards C, Understand The Basics: A Computer Aided Approach to Teaching MR Image Quality, poster presentation at International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Sydney, April 1998
- Davidson R, Developing Teaching Grants for Computer Based Learning, AAEMRS Conference, Adelaide 1996
- Davidson R, Sonography Education at Charles Sturt University, ASA Workshop, Wagga Wagga, 1996
- Davidson R, CT Pelvimetry: A Two View Approach, Australian Institute of Radiography Annual National Conference, Melbourne 1986