It is important to know what you are handling in the first place. Only those people trained in the storage and handling of dangerous goods should have access to them.
- Assist persons in immediate danger immediately (only if safe to do so)
- If flammable – shut off all ignition sources (only if safe to do so)
- Raise the alarm – Notify Fire Brigade on 0-000 and give details of problem
- Alert Security on Ext.53333
- Evacuate to the designated assembly area DO NOT return to building until advised to do so by Building Warden or Emergency Services
- Remove any personnel from down wind
An alternative assembly area may need to be used if the weather conditions are transporting vapours toward the primary assembly area. Listen for instructions and take note of unusual smells and conditions.