Damian Rasmussen Scholarship
If you are a full-time student enrolled in a landscape architecture program within the School of Architecture and Design, this scholarship can provide you with financial assistance to participate in an overseas exchange for credit in your program.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides up to $1200 for one year.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in 2018
- have completed at least two semesters in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture Design (Program Code: BP256)
- Master of Landscape Architecture (by Coursework) (Program Code: MC172)
- satisfy all eligibility requirements to participate in outbound exchange, study abroad or a global intensive (study tour) including minimum GPA
- have applied or be enrolled in an international component of your RMIT program in 2018.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Provide a brief overview of your planned mobility activity.
- How will this activity benefit you academically and professionally?
- How do you intend to use this grant scholarship and how will it assist you to undertake your mobility activity?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p)
The Damian Rasmussen Scholarship is made available by the generous bequest of the Rasmussen family. Damian Rasmussen was an RMIT student studying the landscape architecture program in its initial year in 1982. He sadly passed away in a car accident after only completing his first year of study. The scholarship was established as a memorial to Damian and to honour his life.
Program Administrative Officer, Landscape Architecture
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?