Indigenous Education Scholarship (IES)
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student enrolled full-time in a degree program at RMIT in 2017 and can demonstrate financial disadvantage, this scholarship can provide you with assistance towards your education expenses.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $2599 per year, for up to four years (2016 value).
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student
- be an Australian citizen
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be enrolled full-time in a bachelor degree program at RMIT in 2017
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and provide proof of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent by the application close date
- not have previously received eight semesters of a Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship, Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship, Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship or Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship from any institution.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Education Disadvantage Guide (PDF 220kb, 2p) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications are now open.
Applications close 4pm Friday 18 November 2016.
Terms and conditions
If eligible, you can also apply for:
- a one-off payment via the Indigenous Commencing Scholarship
- ongoing accommodation support via the Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2017.Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 March 2017, your application has been unsuccessful.