Ms Megan McPherson
Megan is available for consultation at the City campus.
HDR candidate, Faculty of Education, Monash University
Master of Arts by Research, (Fine Art Printmaking), RMIT University
Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art Printmaking), RMIT University
Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art Printmaking), Victoria College, Prahran
Advanced Diploma of Multimedia, RMIT University
Certificate IV in Teaching and Assessment, TWNH, Melbourne
Project manager (Research, Educational Development, Instructional Designer), Learning and Teaching, College of Design and Social Context, RMIT University
External evaluation of OLT funded fieldwork project with Dr Inger Mewburn, ANU
Quality Assurance, Learning and Teaching, College of Design and Social Context, RMIT University
- Fifteen years’ lecturing and teaching experience in a wide range of art courses and contexts, including higher education, TAFE, and private educational providers, teaching international students and groups in community access programs (1996–2011).
- Courses developed and taught include artists books, drawing, installation practice, digital imaging, web and interactive media, and printmaking including relief, intaglio, screen printing, lithography, digital and photographic print techniques.
- Experience in contemporary teaching and assessment methods, including collaborative team teaching, project- and inquiry-based approaches, studio-based research methodologies and skills, and rubric.
- Engaged in development, peer and self assessment practices, moderation and validation, and Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Teaching modes: Studio Teaching (blended online and face-to-face); studio group tutorial, individual studio tutorial, studio demonstration, interactive lectures and seminars.
- Team teaching award, GCAD, Monash University, (2007).
Commissions and awards
Australian Paper Art Awards
Canson Student Print Award
Print Council of Australia Member Print Commission
Visiting Artist, ArtVault, MilduraVisiting Artist, with R Atkins and M Crawford, Penders, (Mimosa Rocks National Park) NSW
Visiting Artist, Engramme Workshop, Quebec City, Canada
Visiting Artist, Megalo Access Arts for Putting it in Print, Craft ACT, Canberra
Invited Artist, RMIT Digital Imaging Research Studio, Transformations Australia