Bennelong Foundation Scholarship
If you are enrolling full-time in your second or third year of the Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (BP254), Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) (BP314) or Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) (BP252) in 2018, and can demonstrate financial or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could provide assistance and paid work for up to two years.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
The 2018 scholarship provides $10,000 per annum and paid part-time work with the Bennelong Foundation, commencing February 2018. The scholarship is valid for one year.
Note This scholarship is taxable as the recipient is expected to undertake paid work with the donor. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolling in 2018 either your second or third year of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (BP254)
- Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) (BP252)
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) (BP314)
- be enrolling full-time in semester 1 and 2 in 2018
- be available to undertake part-time work commencing February with the Bennelong Foundation or its associate entities
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school.
- be passionate about pursuing a career in their area of study
- be available to attend an interview if requested
Note There is an opportunity to discuss with your College course credit for the work undertaken.
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application.
Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF, 218kb, 2pgs) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
You will also need:
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago to support the statements you have made in your application. To assist the academic, provide them with Writing a Scholarship Letter of Recommendation for a Student (PDF 156kb, 1p) for tips and guidance.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Describe your communications skills, creativity, innovation, initiative and/or potential leadership potential qualities?
- Why would you like to undertake part-time work with the Bennelong Foundation?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 30p).
For ongoing eligibility, recipients must:
- Pass all courses each semester for the duration of the scholarship
- No take a leave of absence
The recipient will have paid part-time work by the Bennelong Foundation or its associated entities for the duration of the scholarship, commencing in February/March in the award year. This is expected to be 1 day per week.
The part-time work meets the criteria for the Business Internship elective (BUSM4471).
The Bennelong Foundation was established in 2001 by the Bangarra Group. It aims to enhance community wellbeing and provide opportunities for positive and lasting change in our community. The Foundation also aims to provide opportunities for people within the Bangarra Group, to personally get involved in the activities of the organisations it supports.
Each year, the second year recipient will be invited to apply for an additional year of the scholarship and this is dependent on grades and their satisfactory part-time work performance with the Bennelong Foundation, as deemed by the Foundation.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 30 January 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 30 January 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.