University Events and Venues
The University Events and Venues Team is a small unit based in Building 22.2. We are available to advise and offer appropriate support to RMIT staff regarding major events. We appreciate you following the guidelines below to allow us to support relevant RMIT events appropriately.
Please notify the University Events Team in the following circumstances:
- When you are hosting a “major event”. Definitions of a major event:
- When an event has a high profile person/people attending, i.e.:
- Government ministers, including Victorian state government ministers, Federal government ministers, shadow ministers, local government and international politicians
- Diplomats and senior public servants
- Chairpersons/Chief Executive Officers of major companies and organisations
- Royalty, Vice-Regal representatives and international dignitaries
- High profile and notable academics – Nobel Prize winners, Presidents, Chancellors, Vice-Chancellors or equivalent of other universities
- Religious leaders.
- Activities likely to attract significant media/public interest or generate controversy
- Activities likely to pose a security risk, including events which may generate large audiences.
- Whenever RMIT’s Vice-Chancellor or University Council is attending an event which can be considered a “major” event, or is outside of the regular events/activities which the Vice-Chancellor or Council attend.
The level of Events Team involvement in any RMIT events will be dependent on:
- Vice-Chancellor involvement
- Attendees profile
- Event complexity
- Level of external engagement
- Vice-Chancellor direct reports hosting activities
- Organisational positioning statement
- Client (event sponsor/organiser) resources.
University Events will support relevant activities through:
- Advice – in relation to activity planning and/or operations
- Recommendations – on suitable suppliers (caterers, logistics suppliers, furniture providers, etc.) to best fit with activity objectives
- Operational support – where appropriate or through additional casual resources.
Additionally, the office manages RMIT's premier venues including Storey Hall, Alumni Courtyard, Building 80 Rooftop. To book a venue, visit our Venues for hire page.
RMIT event venues