09 October 2014
Young Carer Bursary Programme
Financial assistance for young carers.
If you are a younger career who provides care and support to a family member or friend with an illness or disability, you could be eligible financial assistance.
The Young Carer Bursary Programme aims to assist young carers in greatest need, to continue to study and to relieve the financial pressure for them to undertake part-time work, in addition to their educational and caring responsibilities. Financial assistance is provided in the form of a bursary.
About the Bursaries:
- 150 bursaries will be granted each year.
- The bursaries range from $4,000 to $10,000 for 12 months.
- The money can be spent on whatever helps you with your education or training.
To be eligible, you will need to be;
- a young carer aged 25 years and under (born in 1990 or later)
- studying an approved course either full-time or part-time during 2015
- an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- not receiving another bursary or scholarship
Young carers may also be eligible if they are not currently enrolled in study or training in 2015 but can prove enrolment if granted the bursary.
Applications open 13 October and closes on 9 November 2014.
To apply or to find out more information, go to www.youngcarers.net.au.