Making a motor vehicle insurance claim
The driver must notify CGU of an accident that may give rise to a claim as soon as practicable after the incident regardless of whether the driver was at fault, and even if only the other party’s vehicle or property is managed.
To make a claim:
- Call CGU Claims on 13 24 80; or
- Complete the claim form and email to email@example.com
Information you will need includes:
- RMIT policy number 24F 344 3901
- Name of insured: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology trading as RMIT University
- ABN: 48781 030 034
- Registered for GST: Yes
- Input Tax Credit entitlement = 100%
- Your personal contact details and preferred mode of contact
- The contact details of anyone involved in an incident, including their name, current address, vehicle registration details, phone number and insurance details if known.
- Any letters, notices or court documents about the incident, and the incident report number for any claims in relation to theft or attempted theft, vandalism or a malicious act (the police will provide you with this number when you report the incident to them).
After you lodge the claim:
You will be given a claim number which will be your ongoing reference for all claims enquiries and actions.
You will be offered repair options from CGU’s list of approved repairers and you may choose a repairer that suits your location and circumstance.
- Driver safety tips
- Roadside assistance (not for accidents)
- Service and maintenance; tyres; batteries and windscreens
Relevant RMIT process documents
- Justin Lievesley – Financial Services – Phone: +61 3 9925 0610 (business hours)