Building 80, Swanston Academic Building.
About Property Services
RMIT Property Services is responsible for managing the University’s portfolio of properties, valued at $1 billion and encompassing 131 buildings across all of RMIT’s campuses and sites. The University’s land holding is 75.4 ha (186.3175 acres).
Part of the Resources portfolio and based on the City campus, Property Services is responsible for operating, maintaining and enhancing all RMIT-owned buildings across RMIT’s onshore campuses (City, Bundoora and Brunswick) and offshore campuses: RMIT International University, Vietnam and Barcelona. Property Services is focused on providing quality and sustainable built environments to support all of RMIT University’s activities.
Property Services is accredited to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems. Alignment to the requirements under this international standard provides greater assurance of service delivery outcomes to students, staff, contractors and other stakeholders.
Property Services’ departments:
- Executive Director’s Office
- Real Estate Services
- Facilities and Asset Management
- Capital Works
- Planning and Asset Utilisation
- Reporting and Compliance
- SUPP and MMRP
Property Services’ broad suite of responsibilities include:
- property acquisitions / disposals and leasing
- management of commercial services
- allocation of parking spaces and all other parking-related matters
- maintenance issues including management of mechanical and essential services, which include air conditioning, lighting and plumbing
- campus security
- communicating property updates with staff and students
- management of the University’s contracted services, including mail services, furniture removal, internal deliveries, cleaning, waste disposal, recycling, vermin control, window cleaning and hygiene bins
- environmental management
- space planning and management
In addition to providing essential services for RMIT, Property Services is responsible for the refurbishing, planning, design and construction of facilities for academic and administrative purposes.
This includes the delivery of capital works programs, projects valued at $1 million or above, to improve learning, teaching and research spaces so that students and staff can enjoy world-class facilities.
Property Services also manages annual works projects, valued between $5000 and below $1 million, for services such as teaching space and infrastructure upgrades, sustainability projects and public artwork.
Any queries? Contact Property Services.
In order to ensure regulatory compliance, uniformity and equity, Property Services is the only authorised provider of these services to the RMIT community.