01 June 2016
Intelligent Transportation Systems Australia student essay competition
A competition that fosters future technology innovators.
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) invites you to submit solutions for next generation intelligent transport systems in their first ever university competition.
The competition is designed to inspire you to take an active interest in the application of advanced technologies to improve transport systems, while providing a chance to for you to attend the 23rd World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems in Melbourne from 10-14 October 2016.
Promote your work by submitting a 2000 word essay, with optional video based on one of the following two topics:
Topic 1: Describe how autonomous and connected vehicle technology can result in significant improvements to our transport systems?
Topic 2: Describe how existing and future ITS deployments can help realisation of Smart Cities that are sustainable and liveable?
Six students, each representing Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania, will be selected as the official winners and will receive the following:
- complimentary student registration to attend the 23rd ITS World Congress 2016 in Melbourne
- $500 Allowance towards airfare and accommodation
- membership of the ITS Australia Future Innovators Club, connecting with other ITS students from across Asia Pacific.
- Deadline for entries is 29 July 2016.
- 23rd ITS World Congress 10-14 October 2016.
For more information, go to ITS Student Essay Competition.