Authorisation of assessment
RMIT University requires that all assessments submitted by students include a declaration of authorship.
Staff must ensure students submit their assessments using either:
- the paper-based Cover sheet for submission of work for assessment (PDF 125kb 1p) available online, or
- the e-submissions process.
RMIT encourages staff to use its online process for the submission of student assessments.
Benefits of using e-submission include:
- a faster, more efficient workflow
- students automatically receive an electronic receipt for submission of their assessment
- significant energy and resources savings
- seamless integration with Blackboard and Turnitin.
Electronically authorised assessments link to the online assessment declaration and can be set up in three steps:
1. cut and paste the text below into your electronic assessment document
2. ensure the statement is included where it will be read by students, and
3. ensure the link to the assessment declaration website is active.
Copy the text below into your assessment document:
RMIT electronic submission of work for assessment
I declare that in submitting all work for this assessment I have read, understood and agree to the content and expectations of the Assessment declaration.