FAQ Index - Music Societies Licence

Can I...

place sound recordings from a CD online for my students to access?

(PDF 46Kb)

play a musical work or sound recording in class?

(PDF 27Kb)

provide a CD of sound recordings to my students?

(PDF 46Kb)

transfer a work to a CD/DVD?

(PDF 45Kb)

upload a DVD copy of a music video to an online site?

(PDF 30Kb)

use music I have purchased from an online site such as iTunes as part of my


(PDF 20Kb)

video my students' end of year presentation and play a CD during the

presentation which will also be recorded?

(PDF 34Kb)

video students performing a particular task as part of their coursework, and

then edit it to include music?

(PDF 31Kb)

play music CDs at my students' end of year exhibition?

(PDF 46Kb)

hire a DJ to play music at a party I've organised at Storey Hall?

(PDF 46Kb)

How do I...

upload a song from a CD to the RMIT streaming server?

(PDF 35Kb)


What musical works can I use under this licence?

(PDF 43Kb)

Can students record live music and then upload it to the streaming server for

other students to access?

(PDF 35Kb)

Does the licence allow me to play my music CDs at work?

(PDF 24Kb)

Can students or staff sample music from a CD?

(PDF 30Kb)

← Music Licence