Course Title: Connect hardware peripherals
Part A: Course Overview
Program: C4131 Certificate IV in Technology (Computing)
Course Title: Connect hardware peripherals
Portfolio: SEH Portfolio Office
Nominal Hours: 20Regardless of the mode of delivery, represent a guide to the relative teaching time and student effort required to successfully achieve a particular competency/module. This may include not only scheduled classes or workplace visits but also the amount of effort required to undertake, evaluate and complete all assessment requirements, including any non-classroom activities.
Course Contact: Leonardo Ciavarella
Course Contact Phone: +61 3 9925 4711
Course Contact Email: email@example.com
This course introduces the student to the basic foundations in assembling a personal computer and troubleshoots problems that occur. You will learn how to install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair personal computers and software. The topics include information technology basics, how computers work, different types of operating systems, networking fundamentals, printers, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting hardware and software.As well look at basic security and wireless application.
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
National Competency Codes and Titles
National Element Code & Title:
ICAITS014C Connect hardware peripherals
Confirm requirements of client
Connect hardware peripherals
Obtain required peripherals
Client’s peripheral requirements are identified and are confirmed in accordance with organisation standards.
· Client requirements and peripherals needed in line with organisation guidelines are documented and are reported to the supervisor.
· Client requirements are cleared with supervisor in line with organisation guidelines.
· Client support expectations are covered by vendor’s warranty and support services.
Peripherals are obtained under instruction from management/supervisor.
· Peripherals are entered into equipment inventory according to organisation’s procedures.
· Contents are validated and method of ensuring the physical contents match the packing list is demonstrated.
· Peripherals are stored according to vendor/manual guidelines.
Timeframe for installation schedule is verified with higher authority.
· Existing peripherals are disconnected and replaced, with minimal disruption to clients.
· New peripherals are connected with minimum disruption.
· Computer is configured to accept new peripherals.
· Hardware peripherals are tested and client satisfaction is confirmed. Amendments are made as required for client.
Overview of Assessment
The assessment for this course comprise of mixture of online test, final online exam and practical skill test.
Online module test worth 20%
Final exam 50% online (achieve a certificated 70% or better)
Skill test 20%
Lab work 10%
IT Essentials is an online Cisco program. In order to pass RMIT you only need to achieve 50% on the final exam. If student want an IT essential certificated you need to achieve 70% or higher on the final exam. If you don’t achieve 70% and you want to receive the certificate you can do the final exam again with the knowledge that if you do achieve 70% or better only the first mark will be taken as your final grade not the second attempt at the final exam.
All assessment must be satisfactory passed in order to pass the in the course.
Coming to the lab must be attended are compulsory part of the assessment to successfully complete the course.
This course is graded using the following course grades:
0-49% is NN- Fail
50-59 % is PA –Pass
60-69% is CR –Credit
70-79% is DI –Distinction
80-100% HD - High Distinction
The temporary grading is RW (Result Withheld) and DEF (Deferred Assessment Granted) are also used, but be converted to one of the above grades within a short item after the end of normal assessment periods end.
Normally the RWT grading is used where supplementary assessment is being offered.
It is converted opt Pa if the supplementary assessment is passed or NN if it is not.
It is your responsibility to follow up on any RWT of DEF grading to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines for submission of work or sitting examination.
Make sure that you understand the Special consideration Policy available at the following website: