AD016 - Associate Degree in Professional Writing and Editing
Plan: AD016 - Associate Degree in Professional Writing and Editing
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
As a graduate, you will develop the following program learning outcomes:
- identify and employ writing and editing techniques; principles and practice of communication and writing for different audiences; emerging digital media and trends and developments in the publishing industry
- acquire and apply the skills to write works of fiction and non-fiction, edit professionally, edit to an industry standard, create digital content, design print and web-based products, develop and manage writing and editing projects.
- apply and creatively adapt theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to reflect the needs and expectations of varied readerships and markets
- identify, analyse, and reflect on relevant trends in writing, editing and publishing in both local and international contexts
- demonstrate analytical skills and creative solutions to respond to problems in a range of diverse writing, editing and publishing contexts
- communicate effectively to audiences within relevant creative and professional contexts about writing, editing and publishing
- work with others in a range of roles and contexts, demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness
- apply initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in your practice as a writer or editor or in future study.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]