BP070 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation)
Plan: BP070P6 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
This program develops the following program learning outcomes, based on the Threshold Learning Outcomes for Engineering and ICT:
Needs, context and systems
- Identify, interpret and analyse stakeholder needs, establish priorities and the goals, constraints and uncertainties of the system (social, cultural, legislative, environmental, business etc.), using systems thinking, while recognising ethical implications of professional practice.
Problem-solving and design
- Apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to develop components, systems and/ or processes to meet specified requirements, including innovative approaches to synthesise alternative solutions, concepts and procedures, while
- Demonstrating information skills and research methods.
Abstraction and modelling
- Apply abstraction, mathematics and discipline fundamentals to analysis, design and operation, using appropriate computer software, laboratory equipment and other devices, ensuring model applicability, accuracy and limitations.
Coordination and communication
- Communicate and coordinate proficiently by listening, speaking, reading and writing English for professional practice, working as an effective member or leader of diverse teams,
- Using basic tools and practices of formal project management.
- Manage own time and processes effectively by prioritising competing demands to achieve personal and team goals, with regular review of personal performance as a primary means of managing continuing professional development.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]