BP121 - Bachelor of Textiles (Design)
Plan: BP121P20 - Bachelor of Textiles (Design)
Campus: Brunswick Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of textile design creation and production with depth and expertise in one or more areas of practice.
- Develop conceptual, creative, technical and digital skills to deepen and synthesise knowledge of textile design applications and technologies.
- Apply design skills and knowledge to examine, analyse and creatively respond to contemporary issues in both local and global textile production.
- Critically evaluate and reflect on theoretical and practical textile design principles and techniques to identify and solve problems in diverse contexts.
- Demonstrate creative, critical textile design thinking that recognises emerging trends and issues suitable for contemporary textile design and related industries.
- Communicate and present design concepts using a diverse range of presentation mediums and materials in industry specific and broader design concepts.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the cultural, social, ethical and environmental contexts and impacts of textile design and related industries.
- Initiate, develop and realise textile design projects effectively in collaboration with industry, community or professional partners as part of professional development.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]