BP329 - Bachelor of Social Science (Urban Policy)
Plan: BP329 - Bachelor of Social Science (Urban Policy)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to:
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and innovation when identifying and solving urban problems in diverse contexts and assessing implications of decisions and actions.
- Discern the value of information and knowledge from a wide variety of sources and experiences and reflect on and evaluate their application in urban policy and research.
- Apply a range of social science research methods to conduct research and undertake policy development that consider theoretical, historical, local and international contexts for decision making.
- Communicate ideas using diverse formats and strategies to academic and professional audiences within and external to the field of urban policy
- Work with others in a range of roles and contexts, demonstrating cultural and social sensitivity, environmental stewardship and ethical and reflective practice.
- Critically reflect on the interconnectedness of environmental, social, economic systems both locally and internationally and apply in your professional practice or further study.
- Initiate positive contributions to the wider community through professional practice, establishing empathy, equity and shared understanding across diverse interest groups.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]